Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Jury Duty

I was called for Jury Duty the week of March 19th. This was the first time I had been called for it, so I was a little excited. Well the week ended up being a lot less than exciting. The night before I had to call and see if my number had been listed on the recording. Monday didn't have any cases scheduled, Tuesday my number wasn't called, but Wednesday it was (we were told it was a busy day, I think 11 cases scheduled)! I got to the courthouse in Oregon City and sat through the 2 hour orientation only for the lady to excuse everyone of us because they didn't need any jurors. I ended up going in to work so I didn't have to use PTO. Then Thursday they called numbers higher than mine and Friday the courts were closed. I guess the good part is I don't have to worry about it for another two years! I've done my duty and now I know what to expect!

No comments: