
Working hard on her trap. We had lots of good ideas this year, we thought for sure we would get him.

Ashley had Papa help make her a key so the Leprechaun could get in, she was really worried that he wouldn't be able to without one.

Ashley picked out the purple "ladder" so Mr. leprechaun could climb up and slide down the back of the trap. She wanted them to stay as long as possible to increase her chances of the trap working. Each compartment of the "ladder" had a shiny leprechaun inside. She figured if the real leprechaun saw other Leprechaun's in there he would be attracted to it. Then she left a "broken" shoe with a green cup filled with green marshmallows, figuring he would need a snack after he played. The "broken" shoe was a trick because it only appeared broken to get him in there and want to fix it. Then she carefully picked the chair as a good place to have the trap, not on the ground where Brody could get to it, and not too high that he wouldn't be able to climb up.

You can see how he got out, but he left the kids Lucky Charms, Shamrock straws for their homemade green milk made by Mr. Leprechaun himself (he even left it in tiny cups for the kids since he couldn't carry big one's with him!), and a bag of chocolate gold coins for their effort in trying to catch him. We'll try to catch that tricky guy again next year and maybe we'll get to his pot of gold!
1 comment:
Wow Ashley, a lot of thought and preparation went into designing and making that leprechan trap! I'm surprised you didn't catch him but it sounds like you got really close!
When Grandpa was a little boy about your age I wanted to trap the Easter bunny. I made a trap outside the front door of our house and almost got him! When I woke up on Easter morning to check my trap there were crumbs from the snack I left by the trap and some bunny tracks all around so I know he was there. I didn't think to leave a key for the front door and I think that's why I missed him.
That was good thinking to leave a key for the leprechan at your door. I bet you'll get him next year. What are you going to do when you catch him?!
Post a Comment