Sunday, July 29, 2007

Camping Weekend

This weekend we went camping at Denny Creek with our very best friends Danielle, Hani, Joana, and Steve. The campground was great, only an hour from our house and really nice. Brian worked hard all last week to get his studying done for his test tomorrow and was able to go with us for the weekend. Good thing too because the boys made a deal that they all had to have mustaches for the weekend. The girls got a good laugh at our husbands with mustaches. They didn't fit any one of their personalities, but they made for some great pictures. We left Friday night after work and set up camp. Saturday we hiked to Franklin Falls which is a beautiful waterfall about 1 mile from our campsite. After the waterfall we went back to camp to eat lunch and play a little Badminton tournament. Later that day we attempted to hike 4 1/2 miles to a lake, but made it about 2 miles to another beautiful waterfall and decided we had enough and were ready for a good steak dinner. Following tradition that night we had s'mores and a game of "Chubby Bunny"afterward. Since no one seems to ever finish the bag of marshmallows we play a game where you stuff your cheeks one at a time and have to say chubby bunny after each one. The game is hilarious and I got to observe being the photographer. Everyone got the giggles and ended up spitting them out at 5 or 6, but our friend Steve beat everyone with 8 marshmallows. Brian was right behind him with 7. The weekend was too short, but we look forward to another trip next summer. 26 weeks!
Brian's done a good job keeping up, look how big his belly is!
Here's the girls. Me, Joana and Danielle
Here's the boys. Hani, Brian, and Steve
This is the waterfall on the way to the lake
Brody was pooped after the hike, here he is taking a break
This is Brian's excellent technique in serving for Badminton. He was giving our little girl a lesson
Brian and Steve, Chubby Bunny Champion

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Emily & Brian! Paul & I miss you guys so much! Looks like baby Timm is getting bigger, I can't believe you're almost 6 months along! I really like the fabric you and your mom picked out for her room...too cute. Well anyway, just wanted to say 'hi' and I hope all is well. Hope to hear from you soon.
Love,
michelle

Anonymous said...

I really need to set up an account so I don't have to sign in as anonymous. Anyway, looking at your camping trip makes me exited for ours with you and Mom and Pop Timm on the 17th. We'll have to play your Chubby Bunny game.

Are the guys keeping their 'stashes'? I love the pic of the three of them acting like Hitler.

Em,you look cute as ever with your little baby bump. I expect to be able to feel her move next time I see you so let her know she will need to perform for grammy next weekend. I want to see sommersaults and cartwheels!!

Love and kisses,
Mom L

grandma Hey said...

Hey is this things to look forward to this coming weekend? We are really looking forward to this weekend allot. I can't wait to see both of you and Brian too. Just love the blog,seems like we are real there in the midst of all you three do.
Love you guys