Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Nursery

We got the nursery all painted and put together for our little one this past weekend. We taped the walls Friday night and I'm actually surprised they turned out so well because we were both exhausted that night. A little teamtimm teamwork gets the job done though. I couldn't have done it without Brian because one of the walls has 12-14 foot ceilings and I'm not exactly in a position to be getting up on ladders. We ended up painting on Sunday and it didn't take very long at all. I think the hardest most time consuming part of painting is the taping so once that was done painting was a breeze. The only thing left to do is hang the quilt that Brian's mom is making and that will go over the bed in the corner. The glider will have to squeeze in somewhere, but I think we'll have it in our room for a while so we can figure that out later. So, the little pink knitted hat you see is actually one that Brian made for our little girl to go home from the hospital in. I was so impressed when I saw him knitting this hat for her, it turned out adorable.
He's always said that he want to put a lot of hats on her because they look so darn cute on babies and since she'll be born in November we need something to keep her head warm. Some of the girls at work knit, so they picked out the yarn and needles and taught him how to knit at work. I know she'll love it and we have a special page in the scrapbook the girls made me at the shower that says "I love my Hat"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a room fit for our little princess, that is for sure. I am so happy Steph and I were able to make our contributions to her room and make it so special. That way we will always be close to her and she will always know how much her grammas love her.

Looking forward to the shower next weekend and seeing my sweeties. Em, baby and possibly Brian.

Mom L

Jamie said...

How cute. I love the room and really love the little hat. Thanks for sharing!!!

Aunt Becki said...

The Nursery does look like it's ready to receive the Newest member of Team Timm. We all look forward to meeting this individual and to contribute to her up bringing. November isn't going to come fast enough.

Anonymous said...

The nursery is adorable! I am still hoping to make the shower next weekend. We'll see, no baby yet... You look great, can't wait to see you again!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! We are so happy for you guys! Had no idea you were even expecting - guess that's what happens when you get caught up in this crazy life with kids! WOW - congrats on your new little addition. Welcome to the best time of your lives.
Would love to hear from you guys!
Love,
David, Bridget, Aaron, Blake and Evan