Sunday, April 13, 2008
Spring Break!
This last week we were at our beach house in Pacific City, OR. Brian was gone in Cle Elum the week before on Spring Break clinic, so it was so nice to spend the week as a family. We miss Papa! We left Seattle last Saturday and picked my mom up in Portland. My Dad was driving up from California on a business trip and was going to meet us there. Ashley did well on the trip, but she was definitely ready to get out of the car when we got there 6 1/2 hours later, we all were! My parents stayed the night and left on Sunday. We had lunch at Pelican Brewery, went for a walk on the beach, and celebrated our birthdays (Brian's birthday was on Wednesday) with hot fudge sundays! Yummy! The rest of the week was spent relaxing, doing some work on the house, going for walks, and lots of Ashley time. We also found that our hot tub works, so we're going to bring it up to Seattle after the summer season and get to enjoy it next winter! One of the nights Brian and I sat on top of our roof to watch the sunset because Ashley was in bed. It was beautiful, but that will probably be the first and last time I get up there. I was so scared being up that high, I'm finding I can't do heights very well anymore. I don't know what happened, but I guess it's good to teach Ashley not to do things like that. Anyways it was really nice to stay for a whole week because normally we only go down for a few days to get work done, so this was a great vacation. We love our house and it's nice to be able to use it!
We got lots of giggles out of Ashley this week
This is my favorite picture, I captured them talking to each other and I love how she's reaching out to touch his face, melts your heart doesn't it?
Ashley learned how to sit up on her own this week
She turned 5 months on the 5th
She helped papa finish his book
She played airplane with mom
She got dressed up like a little teddy bear
She visited Yaquina Light House near Depot Bay
We also found out she's been busy starting her own hotel! Never had a clue!
We took lots of walks on the beach, this one was a long one because it was about 75 degrees and no wind. We could have stayed out all day but mom got a little tired carrying her around, but the Ergo carrier makes it a lot easier on my back
Brody loved having his Dad around too! He got to play lots of fetch and run through the tall grass, his favorite!
He's a Springer, can you guess how they got that name. He is amazing in the grass, anywhere you throw the ball he'll find it within seconds. He got quite good at it by the end of the week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Ok,I have to have a copy of Ashley and Brian with her hands on his face. Precious and priceless! I'll put it in the "Ashley" frame in the hallway.
What a double treat to see you at both ends of your vacation. Even from one weekend to the next she had changed. Such a BIG girl, sitting up already. Can't wait to see what she'll be doing when we see you in May.
Hugs and Kisses,
How exciting for you three to have such an amazing vacation. She's sitting up by herself already. Can't wait to see you guys again. It's been a while already.
Post a Comment