Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Santa's Little Helper

My mother-in-law is so talented. She made this elf costume for Ashley and it turned out absolutely adorable. It was supposed to be a surprise at Christmas. My dad and her had thought of this idea to dress Ashley in an elf outfit and surprise Brian and I. Well, because of the snow storm Steph wasn't able to make it to Bend. And since we haven't seen her since she brought it this past weekend for our Girl's weekend. I can't keep a straight face while taping this little girl, you'll hear me laughing again in the video! She cracks me up!




"Mom, check this out! My shoes make noise and they're pointy!"

This was the first reaction from Ashley when we put her elf outfit on. She was mad because it wasn't the right time of year for this stuff, maybe she thought Santa would be upset with her for dressing up when it wasn't Christmas. We calmed her down and assured her that Santa would not be mad, we just wanted to see how cute she was as an elf.

5 comments:

grandma Hey said...

These photos and video are why being a grandma is everything to me. With a little bit of fabric and time we can create such wonderful fun and memories. Ashley you are the BEST little elf Santa could ever want. I'll have to work on a pair of shoes for you with more bells on them. Grandma and Grandpa love you, oxoxoxoxox

Aunt Becki said...

I think Grandma has the right idea about another pair shoes with more bells. Santa's helper always needs more bells.

Anonymous said...

Ashley, you made grammy laugh all over again, looking at your elf video. You had mom and I in tears watching you trudge around with the bells jingling on your slippers and your arms flapping like a big green bird. Grandma Hey did an amazing job on the outfit and you are soooo lucky to have your very own tailor. All you have to do is say the word and it will be made for you. You are one VERY loved little girl!

The Steffens Family said...

this is absolutely ADORABLE!

Ronald & Laura Jones Elia said...

That is the cutest elf outfit I have ever seen. I love how happy she is too! So when is Ashley's b-day? Her and Jared are maybe just a few days apart. Don't you love the stage they are in now I have having a lot of fun!