Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Egg hunt

Easter weekend started out with an egg hunt at Greenlake on Saturday. We met up with some of friends from PEPS and our neighbors walked down with Ashley and I. Unfortunately Brian was on call and couldn't join us. We met at Starbucks which was an absolute zoo because it was a cold rainy day and what sounds better than a good cup of coffee! We got to the egg hunt which was set up on the basketball court near the playground. It was a great place to have it since it had been raining and the fields were all muddy. It was so cute to see all the little kids with their Easter baskets lined up ready to go. Ashley knew just what to do, but stayed around the outside since all the parents and kids went crazy and all ended up in the middle. Ashley got knocked over by one of the adults helping their kids so I figured we were safe on the outside and Ashley was happy picking up a few pieces of candy and putting them in her basket, she was so proud of herself. Sunday morning I was Eucharistic Minister at church so we went to the 8:30 mass. I'm not sure what was going on with Ashley that day, but she was not a happy girl when mom had to go up to serve communion. Poor dad tried everything to calm her down until I came back. We were even up in the cry room, but you still feel terrible not being able to calm your kid. We went to breakfast after church and she was was a complete angel, she did eat a ton at breakfast so maybe she was hungry, who knows!?

Here's the kids all lined up for the Easter Egg hunt.


Planning her attack, what sort of strategy should I use to get all those eggs before anyone else!?





Our neighbor Kylee sharing her candy with Ashley.

Ashley and Elizabeth, one of her friends from PEPS.

All the eggs scattered on the basketball court

2 comments:

Grammy said...

Ashley, I love your coat. I am so glad it finally fits you. How fun, your first Easter egg hunt. Looks like you held your own even after getting knocked down. Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter weekend, aside from the cranky pants in church on Sun :(

No luck getting a picture of her in her bunny ears, hey Em?

Aunt Becki said...

What a pretty Easter outfit you had on. It looks like you had fun and maybe next year we can color eggs and have an egg hunt in your backyard with Kylee and some other neighbor kids. I hope to see you soon. I love you, Baby Girl.