Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Our little Missy
Ashley has been so much fun to watch lately. She has become quite nurturing to her babies since Isaiah has come along. She talks to them in the same tone that we talk to him, she feeds them, diapers them, wraps them, rocks them and even tells me when they are too hot and when to be quiet because they're going to sleep. Her vocabulary is amazing, she repeats everything we say and mimics hand gestures and facial expressions even when she thinks we're not looking. The other day we were out walking (she loves to take walks and can walk really long distances) and she notices this lady who passes us speed walking. She starts swinging her arms and moving her hips like the woman is. I was cracking up watching her, she was so focused. Sometimes her curiosity gets the best of her and when she's not paying attention will run into things. She learns quickly and doesn't do it again, but she can't help watching people. I've been able to give her a lot of independence now that I'm home and we have more time to do things, well as much as I can with a 3 month old. She picks out her outfit every day (I let her wear what she picks out most of the time or at least redirect her to something that is appropriate for this unpredictable weather we've been having, it's pretty interesting what she comes up with some days and tells me " it matches mommy"). She has her days where she needs mommy time and will tell me to put Isaiah down or not to feed him. This is all understandable and I just have to make sure she knows she has to share mommy with Isaiah and she'll get her turn when he's done. Today I woke her up and usually Isaiah is still sleeping so it's just me that goes in to get her. Well she slept in and Isaiah woke up before her so I took him in her room and she told me to put him back to sleep! I'm only writing this because I think it's so cute, she does love her brother but when things are usually a certain way she doesn't like them to change.
She took about 20 minutes to strap her baby in Isaiah's car seat, then take her out, put her back in, zip her up... notice her baby wearing his jacket
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I can't believe how she's changed in just the month since Easter. She's growing up so much.
Ashley, you are as good a mommy to your baby Anne as mommy is to Isaiah. You are attentative to the tinest detail. Should we be celebrating you this Mother's Day, as well?:)
Cracked me up Sun when you sat at your table and said "I have to get on my computer and check my e-mails" You are a little sponge and don't miss a word or expression you hear or see. Your vocabulary, like mommy mentioned, is amazing. You are so articulate and talk in paragraphs. I love having conversations with you. You can hold one like a mini adult. Love you pumpkin. You are the best granddaughter in the world.
Post a Comment