Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve was a very exciting day. Ashley's at such a great age to really get into the spirit of Christmas. She's been on her best behavior making sure that Santa was going to stop at our house. She also liked reminding Isaiah that if he wasn't a good boy he would get coal in his stocking (I really don't think she knows what coal is, but we made it seem like it wasn't something good so she went with it). We really stressed to her this year the gift of giving and helping others. We got her involved in the food box for church, buying socks for people who don't have any to keep warm, giving clothes and toys that she doesn't use any more to other kids who need them. All of this made Christmas this year really special. We went to Christmas Eve mass which was a Children's mass. The kids that sang in the choir sang their little hearts out, it was so cute! Then during the sermon our priest invited all the kids to the altar and Ashley went up! I was so proud of her, that is not something she would have done even months ago. After mass Gram and Grandpa took the kids back home to give them dinner and put them to bed while Brian and I went over to the Selby's for the traditional bouillabaisse. My parents started this tradition with them when we moved out to Portland in 1990 and they were doing it years before that! Each year it continues to grow and this year they hit 25! We got home a little before midnight to make sure that Santa got everything put under the tree, then the anticipation of Christmas morning.


A few pictures before mass.









Mike Bies and Dad.

Half of the dinner table at Selby's. They had 25 this year and they were hosting more Christmas day!

Janie making yummy coffee drinks.

Janie, Kathy, Mom, and I after dinner

Gram and Ashley were in charge of putting out Santa's cookies and the reindeer's carrots this year. Ashley picked out two of her favorite one's that she made with Grammy and Grandpa.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

I have to say the kids look precious in their Christmas outfits. I really appreciate you letting me pick them for the kids each year, Emily. Since I always loved putting you and Dan in coordinating outfits for the holidays, I equally love doing it with Ashley and Isaiah. I figure there is a small window of opportunity before they think what I pick out is "gross grammy".lol