Monday, May 5, 2008

6 Months!














Ashley turned 6 months today! Time has gone by so fast, I can't believe she's already 1/2 a year old and to see the difference from when we first brought her home! She is so much fun... and busy! She is grabbing at everything. It's so interesting to watch her because a couple months ago it would take major brain power to reach her hands out towards something and now it's instant. It's fun to see what catches her attention, but that also means that we have to be careful about what is within arms reach of her, including my coffee cup and anything else I have in my hands while I'm holding her. She loves playing with our face and grabbing at our nose and cheeks and of course my hair, something about the texture, I don't know. She's copying sounds that we make and loves grabbing her toes, she's giggling more and loves to be tossed around and rough housed with (mostly by her dad). She's sitting up all on her own and plays in her pack and play while mom is getting things done around the house. Her sleep routine is still great and she'll nap for about 1 1/2 hours every two hours, but is somewhat flexible when we've made plans. Although, I think that is going away. She used to sleep in her car seat when we were out with friends to dinner, but now she wants to be out and grabbing at everything on the table. I think we'll try putting her in the high chair next time and see how she does. She sleeps at night from 7pm to 4am, I feed her and she's right back to sleep until about 7am when she wakes up with Dad for their morning routine. We're practicing standing up and having her grab onto our hands and pull herself up. She loves going on walks around Greenlake facing out and talking to everyone that passes by. She loves her brother Brody and has found out how to grab his ear as he walks by. This happens less and less as Brody has figured out Ashley = ear getting pulled. We started doing baby signs with her about a month ago. It will take a few months until she'll understand how to do them, but I've been told to start early to get ourselves in the routine because it feels a little weird at first. The signs we use now are milk, night-night, more, change (diaper), mama, papa, and eat. I think now that we're introducing solids we'll add a few more. I feel like she's recognizing some, especially milk. She gets all excited when I sign that one to her, smart girl!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Happy Half Birthday to Ashley!
They sure grow up fast. I love that little hat in the avacado video. Miss you.

Jessica and Kevin said...

Em, she is adorable! They are just so much fun now and it gets even better!

Aunt Becki said...

What a big girl she's becoming already. Sitting up, trying new foods and now signing. Guess I need to brush up on my alphabet and see if Auntie can contribute. We love you and miss you guys tremendously.