Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I had the best weekend. Brian had to study this weekend for midterms, but he set aside more than enough time to spend with the family which we are very appreciative of. My parents came up for the weekend to watch Ashley while we went to Cirque du Soleil, a birthday gift from them. Before the show I took them down to Pike's Place Market where we had lunch and walked around. They bought some fresh snapper from the main market for dinner that was absolutely delicious. Ashley took a late nap for about three hours (she was exhausted) and got up around 7:30. Grammy and Grandpa had so much fun with her, she didn't go to bed until 10pm! I think that's about the latest she's ever stayed up, but they said she did great. It was so nice for Brian and I because we could really enjoy ourselves knowing that she was in good hands, but also that my parents got to really bond with her one on one. The show was amazing. We had such a great time, thank you so much mom and dad! We went to church on Sunday and then had lunch at the Greenlake Bar and Grill where mom's ate free on Mother's Day. We couldn't pass up a free meal! They left around 2pm and Brian had to get back to studying. I took Ashley to the park and then she was out for the night around 6pm. I felt a little emotional because it was my first Mother's Day. (This is how I know Brian is my soul mate) He could sense that I was a little down, so he quite studying early, went to the store to get dessert and came home to spend the rest of the evening with me. It was really sweet, he is so thoughtful and always knows what to do to make me feel better. I am a lucky girl to have such a wonderful family.




2 comments:

Aunt Becki said...

Congrats on your first Mother's Day. Awesome pictures. Can't wait to see you guys again, June isn't coming fast enough.

Anonymous said...

What Em didn't mention is that Ashley wanted to go to bed earlier than 10PM but Grammy and Gramps wouldn't let her! We wanted to keep playing!!

We too feel very lucky to be part of this great family and to be able to spend time with the ones we love on these special days.

Thanks for hosting a fun weekend as we look forward to getting together again soon.

Love Dad