Thursday, May 22, 2008

Weekend with Grandma Timm


Brian's mom came up this last weekend to spend some time with us. We had such a great time, but as always it went too fast and she was even here a few extra days and left on Tuesday. She got in Friday night and Saturday we were off for a very busy weekend. We took Steph to a crab bake one of Brian's classmates put on. It was absolutely delicious, but extremely messy. You can see from the next picture that we had to wear bibs just so our clothes wouldn't get ruined. The bake was in Renton where it hit 98 degrees, so we only stayed a couple of hours because it got extremely uncomfortable outside in the heat. That night we went to a going away BBQ at our friend's Laura and Elliot's. They're selling their house and planning on traveling the US this summer and then going overseas to do mission work. Sunday we went to church and Steph took Brian to Home Depot to get him a new fancy tool for his birthday. He loves it and made me drive home so he could open it in the car and show Ashley all the parts and what they're used for. That night Grandma watched Ashley while Brian and I went to Danielle and Hani's for a dinner party. Monday I had orientation and Steph watched Ashley all day. It was the first time she's been in someone else's care for over 4 hours. Of course we weren't concerned because she was with family, but I was curious how it would go and guess what, she did great. Grandma had so much fun spending time with her. They went for a walk, played in the Bumbo and Grandma gave Ashley a lesson in sewing. So, for those of you who don't know I decided to go back to work part time for the summer. I actually have two jobs, one part time, and the other just fill in. I'm working at UW Tues-Thursday until September and at Northwest Hospital fill in for vacations. Northwest Hospital has on site day care, so I'm hoping to move into a permanent part time position there when it comes available. So, it was great that Steph was able to be here to watch Ashley while I went to orientation. It's hard going back, but it made for a lot easier transition knowing family was watching her. Tuesday Steph took Ashley and I to breakfast and then left to go back to Pendleton after that.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I had no idea you were going to go back to work part time. I know it can be tough, but it will all work out. We need to catch up. I have changed cells and didn't transfer numbers. Please email me your cell number again! Miss you tons!

Aunt Becki said...

Congrats on being back in the work force again. I know this will be a good transition for you guys. Can't wait for June to get here. We miss you guys so much!!!!