Saturday, May 31, 2008

San Antonio Zoo


On Sunday Ashley and I decided to spend the morning at the zoo. We dropped Brian off at the conference downtown and the nice thing about San Antonio is everything is about a 10 minute drive or less from where our hotel was, so it was easy to get around. Sunday was a VERY hot day so I'm happy we were there early. By noon Ashley and I were both hot, sweaty and crabby so it was time to leave. We did see a lot of cool animals and my favorite, since Ashley seemed more interested in her teething toy and was sleeping for the last half, were the giraffe and the kangaroos. This was Ashley's first time at the zoo and I haven't been to the zoo in over 10 years.

These kangaroos were so fun to watch. There were three joey's. I had never seen one up so close, they are adorable and just hang out in mom's pouch
I think some of the animals caught her attention, but mainly she was content chewing on her toy and watching the kids go by

1 comment:

Aunt Becki said...

It is wonderful to see you girls bonding over nature. My favorite animal is the Koala and the Hippos. I miss and love you guys.