Monday, July 7, 2008

8 Months!



Ashley's really been a lot of fun lately, giggling and smiling all the time. She's gotten over the separation anxiety she was experiencing a few months ago. She'll smile at strangers when they talk to her and go to just about anyone. When she's tired or hungry she'll still fuss for mom, but that's about it. We just lowered her crib tonight because she's been rolling onto her tummy and almost pulling herself up. We didn't want to wait until she figured out how to stand and end up over the railing onto the floor. We also toured the Northwest Hospital daycare today because she's going to try it out on Friday. They have a drop in rate for those on reserve shifts. I just had to call and make sure they had a spot open the day I'm working. It' a great daycare center and right on campus, so I can see her on my lunch break and stop in other times when it's slow. We've been experimenting with a few more foods these days and just got a food processor with plans to make some of our own baby food. She's been eating cottage cheese, pears, raspberries, white grape juice (so no stains as she's figuring out that darn sippy cup, it's taking a while) Rice Crispy's, peas, brown rice, and asparagus, to name a few! Ashley's also been doing this really cute thing where she flicks her wrist back a forth. She'll get a toy or her binky in her hand and flick her wrist like she's throwing a Frisbee, but she'll do it 10 or 15 times. It's fun to see her figuring out how she has control over things she does. She also likes giving herself kisses in the mirror. She's standing well and pulling herself up from sitting, but no effort to move those feet yet. I think it's coming soon, though. Oh and no teeth, I think that's going to be while. She is still a drooler and therefore a bib is still a most needed accessory. I'm wondering what it's going to be like when those teeth do actually come in. She's going to be soaked!


I took this picture today at PEPS. It's amazing to see the change in them from week to week. About half of the kids are crawling and it's becoming more about them getting together to chat than the moms!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 8 months old, my precious baby girl. Look how nicely you fill in you car seat now. Only 8 short months ago you were swimmin' in it.

I love how happy and smiley you are and I can't wait to see your sweet face in a few weeks. We are going to have such fun camping and boating. Can't wait to try out your pink tent. Make sure mommy brings dollys for you to play with in there.

Oh, and I am so proud of you that you like asparagus. That is awesome!

Love and kisses sweet angel,
Grammy

Aunt Becki said...

What a big girlie you are becoming. I had such a wonderful time with you the last time I was up. Looking forward to spending more time with you. I love you. Make sure you have Mom and Dad call me after they check the mail.

Raina said...

Ok.. where have I been? She is TOO cute! I love all of the pictures and how well you are documenting everything. AND... those play groups are too cute!