Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Daycare

Ashley went to the Northwest Hospital Daycare last Friday for the first time. I picked up an extra shift and since our nanny wasn't available that day I called the daycare on campus and they had a spot open. It's nice they offer drop in rates because a lot of their employees are reserve. I dropped her off at 8:30 and put her down for a nap. Apparently she slept for an hour and was on her regular schedule pretty much all day sleeping about 3 hours while she was there. Not bad! It's so close to the ultrasound department so I was able to stop in on my breaks to feed her and take her outside on my lunch break. The teachers said she did really well for her first day. The only thing they mentioned is that she cried when other babies cried. She was worried about them! I'm sure if she was there more than one day she would get used to it and it wouldn't be a problem. Plus they were able to just distract her with a toy or pick her up and she was fine. It was a good trial run because I'm hoping to apply there in the fall full time and have her in their daycare.

No comments: