Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Trent and Rachelle's Cabin

We had an awesome time at Trent and Rachelle's cabin last weekend. We took an 8:30pm ferry on Friday after work and came back late Sunday night. Saturday the boys got up early when the tide was out and went skim boarding. Ashley and I slept until 10am! I wasn't feeling well and Ashley went to bed late, but I never thought she would sleep in that late. I'm not complaining though, I caught up on some much needed sleep. We played the rest of the afternoon going to the pool, playing tennis and then coming back to have a BBQ for dinner. That night we had a fire on the beach and Trent serenaded us with his guitar. Ashley was mesmerized listening and Trent commented on how she was his biggest fan. Sunday we drove to the Dungeness Spit in Sequim about an hour from their cabin. The dogs weren't able to go because it's a bird sanctuary, so we took turns going down to the beach. By the time we got home, cleaned the cabin and made the ferry we were home around 10pm. We were exhausted the next day, but it was worth it!
This is most of the group, Ashley's sleeping. From left to right our neighbor's Josh and Michelle, Brian and I, Steve and Tricia, Matt and Nara and baby Tyler (friend's of Trent's that we met last year), Trent and Rachelle and Kylee.
Brian and Ashley on the hike to the Dungeness Spit. She's all hunched over sleeping is why you can't see her face. It was a bumpy ride, I couldn't believe she fell asleep.
The gang at sunset
Who me?
Kylee let Ashley use her floatie and she loved it, she was cruisin' around the kiddie pool
The Dungeness Spit in Sequim
Family Photo
Josh, Michelle, Brian, me and Rachelle down at the Dungeness Spit
Brian and Ashley on the beach at sunset
Kylee giving Ashley hugs and kisses. She loves her neighbor!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grammy and Gramps got to see the Dungeness Spit and Hood Canal last summer when we went on our Olympic Peninsula motorcycle trip with our friends. What an awesome area. Aren't you a lucky girl to have such nice neighbors to invite you to such a beautiful place.

We are counting the days till our camping/boating trip. Can't wait to see how you like the boat, I already know you like campfires.

Love you munchkin,
Grammy

Aunt Becki said...

It looks like you guys had the time of your life at Trent's cabin. Can't to see you again. Love and miss you guys.