Ashley turns 9 months today! Brian came into her room this morning singing Happy Birthday. He always remembers special days. I'm constantly reminded that the 18th is another month that we've been married. I never know what day of the week it is, let alone what day of the month it is, but he's always on top of it... never have to worry about him forgetting a birthday or anniversary! So, our little girl is grown up another month, but cute as ever! She got her first tooth while we were camping last weekend and she's been sticking her tongue out playing with it ever since. She's actually getting her second tooth any day now. It hasn't quite popped through, but soon. It doesn't seem to bother her too much, which is a blessing! We got a big girl high chair this weekend because she's been busting out of her Bumbo trying to grab at whatever she could. I had a scare yesterday when I was working in the yard. I had her in her stroller, but parked a little too close to the bushes. She grabbed one of the leaves when I wasn't looking and attempted to eat it. Well it got stuck and she started gagging. It took her throwing up to get it out, her eyes were all red and watery. Poor girl, but shouldn't have done it! I thought it was all out until I saw her chewing on something. My hands were full of dirt and I didn't want to reach into her mouth so I took her inside, washed my hands and fought with her to get the rest of the leaf out. She put up a good fight, but I finally got it after about 15 minutes. It's not as easy as those CPR videos make it seem. With all that business though, she's still a great sleeper. She'll go to bed around 6:30 or 7pm and wake up at 6am. On weekends she'll go back to bed until about 8:00. Her face lights up when we go in to get her up and she kicks her legs and gets all excited, it's really cute. She also does this little shoulder wiggle when she's about to fall asleep. She's likes to make sure she's comfortable before falling asleep. She still takes three one hour naps most days, but when she's at daycare that seems to get all messed up. She's not used to the crying babies, but I'm sure once she's there more often she'll sleep right through it. I've accepted a full time position at Northwest Hospital starting Sept. 16th. I'm hoping they'll have a spot for her at the daycare, if not we'll have to figure something out until they do. At her 9 month checkup she was 27 1/2 inches tall (35%), 17lbs 8oz (25%), and 44 3/4 for head circumference (75%). We talked to the Dr about the MMR vaccince and we're going to wait until 18 months to start that series. We know it's important to get her vaccinated for those, but at 18 months we feel like the signs of autism will have surfaced if she were to have it and we don't have to wonder if the vaccine caused it. There are a lot of communities not far from Seattle were they're seeing Measles and Mumps because parents are choosing not to vaccinate their children. No way would we want Ashley to be at risk for that.
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
9 Months!
Ashley turns 9 months today! Brian came into her room this morning singing Happy Birthday. He always remembers special days. I'm constantly reminded that the 18th is another month that we've been married. I never know what day of the week it is, let alone what day of the month it is, but he's always on top of it... never have to worry about him forgetting a birthday or anniversary! So, our little girl is grown up another month, but cute as ever! She got her first tooth while we were camping last weekend and she's been sticking her tongue out playing with it ever since. She's actually getting her second tooth any day now. It hasn't quite popped through, but soon. It doesn't seem to bother her too much, which is a blessing! We got a big girl high chair this weekend because she's been busting out of her Bumbo trying to grab at whatever she could. I had a scare yesterday when I was working in the yard. I had her in her stroller, but parked a little too close to the bushes. She grabbed one of the leaves when I wasn't looking and attempted to eat it. Well it got stuck and she started gagging. It took her throwing up to get it out, her eyes were all red and watery. Poor girl, but shouldn't have done it! I thought it was all out until I saw her chewing on something. My hands were full of dirt and I didn't want to reach into her mouth so I took her inside, washed my hands and fought with her to get the rest of the leaf out. She put up a good fight, but I finally got it after about 15 minutes. It's not as easy as those CPR videos make it seem. With all that business though, she's still a great sleeper. She'll go to bed around 6:30 or 7pm and wake up at 6am. On weekends she'll go back to bed until about 8:00. Her face lights up when we go in to get her up and she kicks her legs and gets all excited, it's really cute. She also does this little shoulder wiggle when she's about to fall asleep. She's likes to make sure she's comfortable before falling asleep. She still takes three one hour naps most days, but when she's at daycare that seems to get all messed up. She's not used to the crying babies, but I'm sure once she's there more often she'll sleep right through it. I've accepted a full time position at Northwest Hospital starting Sept. 16th. I'm hoping they'll have a spot for her at the daycare, if not we'll have to figure something out until they do. At her 9 month checkup she was 27 1/2 inches tall (35%), 17lbs 8oz (25%), and 44 3/4 for head circumference (75%). We talked to the Dr about the MMR vaccince and we're going to wait until 18 months to start that series. We know it's important to get her vaccinated for those, but at 18 months we feel like the signs of autism will have surfaced if she were to have it and we don't have to wonder if the vaccine caused it. There are a lot of communities not far from Seattle were they're seeing Measles and Mumps because parents are choosing not to vaccinate their children. No way would we want Ashley to be at risk for that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment