Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Funny Girl

I have to share this story because it was so hilarious when it happened. Last weekend the weather was really nice, so we went for a walk around the block. In the distance you could hear rap music from someone who had their doors open while washing their car. She stopped in the middle of the sidewalk and got this look on her face like "oohh, what's that?" She bends her knees slowly and starts dancing to the rap music. Not because she was entertaining us, but simply because she heard a good beat and felt like moving to it! It was so funny to watch and when she saw me laughing she got this smile on her face and knew she was being funny and laughed too.

Another thing that makes me laugh about her is how into her routine she is, JUST like her mommy!!!! We have to be at daycare by a certain time so I have enough time to get her settled and catch my bus. We have a pretty set schedule in the morning and Ashley makes sure it's done right and in order! I get her up at 6:45am, change her and bring her downstairs, that's when she helps me with what comes next. "Shoes, shoes" "Ok, Ashley we'll get your shoes on" "Coat, Coat" "ok, your coat's right here" Even though its warm enough she wants her hat and says "hat, hat" because that was her routine when it was cold out. Of course it's been put away, but she still asks for it. Then we go down stairs "shoes, shoes" "Thanks Ashley" she hands me my shoes one at a time. Then she walks into the room where Brody is in his kennel and says goodbye to him along with other things I can't understand, probably bossing him around and telling him not to bark while we're gone! Then "Beep, Beep" signaling to turn on the alarm and right before we open the door "keys, keys" She reminds me to get my keys. I will never forget anything with my little helper at my side!

3 comments:

Grammy said...

So, the little hummer likes RAP, hah? That is hysterical, stopping in the middle of the sidewalk to BUST A MOVE. Oh, munchkins, I miss you soooo much.

Ashley, you might look like your papa but you are definately your mothers daughter. 18 months old and already making sure mom stays on task. Good for you, sweet pea!

Grammy loves you!

Jess said...

Definitely your mamas daughter with the dancing!

Aunt Becki said...

And you gotta love the Oh face....I saw plenty of that this last weekend. What quality time we shared. We love you guys to pieces.