Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Gramps

We drove to Pendleton to celebrate Grandpa Timm's birthday last weekend. We took off on Friday morning and got into town around 2pm. After naps we went down to the neighbor's property and visited their mamma and baby donkey and horse. The kids did great and Ashley even held her hand out to pet all three of them. I wasn't sure how they would handle it since it's the first time they've been around such big animals, but I was pleasantly surprised! Saturday we went swimming at the athletic club that Steph belongs to. That was really fun. There's a kids pool 18 inches deep, perfect for our little squirts. Ashley could sit in it and still keep her head above water, so we didn't have to worry too much about her and Isaiah practiced his walking by holding onto a kick board going from one end to the other. He started walking a lot while we were at their house and is now walking about 60% of the time. I think he's figured out that crawling isn't as efficient. Saturday night we celebrated Steve's birthday with a delicious pot roast and angel food cake with strawberries for dessert. Sunday we went to church and out to breakfast with some of their friends and then headed home to have dinner with Grammy and Grandpa. They watched Brody for the weekend and wanted to hear all about the trip.





Ashley with Grams old doll cradle. She got everything ready for the kids and they had so much fun playing with all the new toys.

He still loves his bumbo.

3 comments:

Grammy said...

What a fun weekend you had at Gram and Gramps. Seeing the four of you, and especially the two jr members, must have been the highlight of Gramps birthday and Grams week.

That swimming pool looks awesome. The doll cradle stuffed with such fun stuff must have kept you busy for hrs, Ashley. And Isaiah walking was certainly another Happy Birthday gift.

You are all so very loved!

Aunt Becki said...

How much more amazing things can these little ones bring to our lives......countlyess, I'm sure of it. I am counting down the days for FamJam '11.

grandma Hey said...

This was a weekend of pure joy all weekend. I was so happy to have all of you here I can hardly remember anything but having fun with all of you. Yesterday I got to thinking about the visit, and all I could do was smile and feel the joy that you bring to my life. You are the best treasure I've ever been given in life. We love you very much