
Here's the belly bump. I'm 37 weeks 3 days today, but this picture was taken at 37 weeks. I had an OB appt on Tuesday and I'm 1 cm dilated and 30% effaced. I know that really doesn't mean much, but I got excited and it does mean that we are that much closer to meeting this little one. She is still really active which is reassuring because we do a lot of ultrasounds in the last trimester to check the amniotic fluid because the baby isn't moving very much. Brian has been reading to her for the last couple of weeks and she seems to really be recognizing his voice. It's been various times at night depending on his study schedule and as soon as he starts reading she just kicks and rolls around in there, it's amazing to see. They say that newborns will turn there head towards their parents because it's a voice they've been hearing all this time. Brian wanted to make sure his little girl knew who he was. Her favorite has been the Cat in the Hat, but he's also read 5 Little Monkey's Jumpin' on the bed (another one of her favorites) and the Pokey Little Puppy. I've been amazed at how fast this week has gone. I guess I had a lot left to do because everyday has been filled with something. I'm still really enjoying this time off and am so grateful that I am able to. Brody has liked me being home to. He's helped mom around the house and settles in right next to me when I'm folding clothes or doing things in her room.
2 comments:
Wow I know the Seattle weather and it sounds like a real storm. I love storms but not being out in it. Each day I get more and more excited. I daydream a lot. Love you guys.
I love that Brian is reading to her and she recognizes his voice. She is going to be the epitemy of a "daddy's girl" just like you are with your dad. How amazing to experience the cycle of life like this. I am so excited for her to come I can hardly stand it. Won't be long now. As soon as I get the call I am out of here!
Love you to pieces,
Grammy
Grammy
Post a Comment