
Last night my cousin Liz treated us to dinner at Ray's Boathouse in Ballard. She works for HP and was in town for a convention this week. We had a great time and it was wonderful to see her. She lives in Chicago so it's been way too long since we've seen her. In fact I was remembering the last time she was in Seattle for business we went out to dinner and I had just started dating Brian. Of course we've seen her since then, but that was the last time she was out here. Now we're married and have a baby on the way, it's amazing how time flies! We talked a lot of baby talk, but also caught up on everything else going on. It makes me miss the Midwest because that's where all of my dad's family is, but we cherish the times we can see them even if it's for a short time. I told her that dinner was the last thing planned on my calendar before the baby gets here. I couldn't sleep last night because I kept thinking about her arrival and with all the baby talk and birth stories from Liz I kept wondering if I was going to go into labor last night. I'm here to tell you that we still have to wait, it didn't happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment