Friday, October 19, 2007

Never Trust Seattle Weather

I woke up this morning and the sun was out so I decided to take Brody and go for a walk around Greenlake. They have plenty of bathrooms down there and benches to sit on so if I needed a break I knew I could take one. I love this time of year with the leaves changing and the crisp air, I thought it would be great to get out. Well I did enjoy it very much until about 1/2 around the lake I started to see some really black clouds rolling in and about 3/4 around the lake it started to pour. There wasn't really much I could do and by now we were surrounded by black clouds so I knew it wasn't going to let up any time soon. So, we just kept walking and got completely soaked. It would let up a little and then all the sudden just dump. We've had these rains in Boston when we lived there, but they're the huge raindrops that get you wet from underneath because they bounce up off the ground. There was even some hail mixed in. Yea, not too fun. I started out laughing about it because like I said there was nothing I could do but keep walking towards home and after all it is Seattle and you have to expect that you're going to get a little wet once in a while. I only had about 15 minutes left. Then the thunder came and it started to get pretty scary. I didn't want to get caught in any lightening and thank goodness I didn't. I'm not even kidding, as soon as we walked up to our door it hailed so hard it looked like it was a blizzard and because it happened so fast there was a thick layer of ice on the ground. I was so happy that we made it home before that happened. Poor Brody didn't know what was happening, he had his tail between his legs and a look on his face like get me the heck out of here! I came home and took a nice hot shower. I think I'll look at the weather forecast before I do that again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yikes, Em! I am going to have Brian ban you to the house until she is born. Running to the bus and now getting caught in a Seattle storm. You are definately giving baby girl a good indication that life with mommy will always be exciting and full of adventure.

That's my girl! Mom