Monday, October 15, 2007

Preparations

My last day of work was Friday! Yea!!! I'm actually really looking forward to this time off before the baby is born. I never realized how much we're on our feet at work until now. I've been exhausted after work the last week, I can't imagine doing all this last minute stuff before the baby comes and having to work full time on top of it. I never thought I would say that. I'm such a person to want to stay as busy as I can. I guess there is a reason for aching hips, my back screaming, and my feet swelling. My body is telling me to SLOW down! I've actually had to go out and buy myself some slip on shoes because I'm no longer able to bend over and tie my shoes. I'm taking that as a good sign though that the end is near. Let me tell you, I should have done that a long time ago. It's so convenient. In preparation for when our daughter comes I went to dream dinners on Saturday with a bunch of friends from work so we don't starve after her arrival. I know I'll be extremely busy, so this is a way to get ahead of the game. We haven't done Dream Dinners for a while, mostly because it was summer and we BBQ a lot. But for those of you who don't know what it is, you go to a place that's set up with stations for meals that you put together and then freeze for later. They're really easy to prepare and it usually takes me about 2 hours to make 12 meals at 6 servings. That way we have left overs for lunch the next day and sometimes another dinner. It's a really good deal and you don't have to clean up after yourself. It's great, cuts down on grocery shopping and trying to decide what to make for dinner. Two things that I'm not fond of. The rest of that day was spent relaxing and doing some laundry... baby laundry. I can't believe how small her clothes are and the tiny little socks. I got so emotional thinking of our little girl who is growing and changing inside of me will fit into these clothes in a few weeks. It's an amazing thing and I don't think I will ever get over it. We got our carpets cleaned today so she won't have to be crawling on dirty floors when she's 6 months old. It needed to be done and I think we just decided to wait until I was off work so someone could be home. One less thing I have to worry about in my nesting stage. I have an OB appt tomorrow and I'll post another belly picture. I'll be 37 weeks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emily, you and Brian must be so excited. I'm excited for you both. Finally starting to feel settled in Spokane, though I'm still learning my way around. Though it isn't nearly as bad as learning my way around there. I wish you the best of luck and please keep me posted. Take care, Jami