Sunday, October 28, 2007

Keepin' Busy

Another week has passed in waiting for our little one to arrive. We've kept pretty busy though so the time has gone by really fast. This past week the weather has been really nice so I've been able to get out and take Brody for a walk almost every day. I've gone around Greenlake a few times which is a 2 hour event now with the breaks I need to take, but it's great to get out. Monday night I went to dessert with my girlfriend Danielle. Her and her husband just got back from a two week trip to Spain and Morocco, so I wanted to hear all about it and nothing better than girl talk and dessert! They had a great time. They took a couple days in Morocco to ride camels into the Sahara desert and spent the night in tents to wake up the next morning early and watch the sunrise over the dunes. How Romantic! They are quite adventurous so it was fun to hear about all they did. Tuesday I had book club and Thursday was dinner with my cousin. Saturday I caught up with friends who just got back from Hawaii, so I got to hear all about that trip and see pictures. Today I went over to a neighbors and she taught me how to sew. I've been wanted to learn and today was a good start. I have a lot of practice to do, but I finished my first project which was a heating pad filled with rice. Our instructor for our baby class recommended it for labor so I decided to take on the task of making one. It's a little uneven, but it's my first project so my expectations weren't too high. It serves a function and I've already tried it out and it works great, no leaks. So, I've had to keep myself so busy because Brian's been studying all week for a midterm he has on Monday. It's a big test so he's been coming home late and studying a ton on top of working a couple hours a night. But he has managed to finish the cradle and set aside time for just him and I. We try to have dinner together every night and catch up. That's been really nice, no TV just the two of us checking in with each other. I'm going to appreciate that even more when the baby comes because I don't think I'll be able to get out of the house much right after she's born. Here's a few random pictures I've captured over the week.
This is the cradle that Brian has worked so hard on. It turned out really well and now our little girl will sleep safe and sound next to mom and dad's bed in the first few weeks.
This was after a long study session. Brian was exhausted and Brody decided to sneak in for a little cuddle time. He hasn't been on his regular sleep schedule with me home. Any time I move somewhere new he's right by my side. It's made for short naps and not as much sleep as he usually gets when we're gone.
I was at the computer for awhile and we had just gotten back from a long walk. Brody just crashed, he has his ear over his eyes and it looks like he put himself out for the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe, the picture of Brian and Brody is adorable! The cradle is perfect and looks like Brian did a great job. I can picture her sleeping in there, all cozy and warm, close to mommy and daddy(and Brody,I'm sure)What a lucky little girl. Could she be more loved??!!

Love and kisses,
Grammy

siddoway said...

only seven more days!!!YEAH!!! I am so excited to see her cute little face. I am so impressed with your walks at this stage. I think i needed a wheelchair to get to my mail box. =) take care and we will be thinking of you next week.