Sunday, March 2, 2008
Grandmas Weekend
I'm a little late in getting this post up, but in all fairness I've only been back since Wednesday. Last weekend was spent in Portland with the Grandmas for a girl's weekend. Brian was in Washington DC for a conference, so Ashley and I decided to plan a trip to Portland where Grandma Timm met us for the weekend. We had so much fun and I loved to see how happy Ashley made the Grandmas when she smiled and talked to them. It's been a month since she's seen my mom and over two months since she's seen my mother in law, so she's changed a lot since then. The pass has been horrible this winter which has made it hard for Steph to travel from Pendleton to see us and that's why meeting us in Portland this weekend worked out so perfect. We dropped Brian off at the airport Saturday morning and kept going until we hit Portland. We did have to stop once to take care of some business, but it still only took us about 3 1/2 hours. We got down to Portland around noon and Step arrived shortly after. That afternoon was gorgeous so we strapped Ashley in the stroller and went for a walk to the new shopping area near my parents house. That night we hit the hot tub which felt great, I miss being home and being able to jump in any time. Sunday we went to church and had my aunt and uncle and cousins over for lunch. Steph had to leave that afternoon, but hopefully got her Ashley fix until she sees her again for Easter. Monday we had lunch with Grandpa and later Dan came over to the house for a visit. I love my brother and it was so nice to be able to visit just him and I. It's been awhile since that's happened since we're always so busy every time we come into town. That night my Dad watched Ashley while mom and I went to yoga. He actually got her to fall asleep in his arms, that never happens! Tuesday was a fun day. I met up with Raina and Jessica, some high school friends that I haven't seen in forever. It was great to catch up with them and meet their kids. Raina has two little boys, one of which is a four week old named Simon. I couldn't believe how little he was and to think that's how small Ashley was just three months ago. It's amazing how much they change in such little time. Tuesday night I had a hair appointment so my mom got to watch her. She actually got to spend a lot of time with Ashley. It was so cute, each morning before work my mom would wake up with her to give mom a little more time to sleep, but mostly to spend quality time with her granddaughter. It was precious to hear her talking to my mom and knowing how much that time spent with her meant to my mom. It's hard being so far away. I know Ashley was very comfortable at Grandma and Grandpa's house and she can't wait to go back.
Ashley with Grandma Timm
This is a little fuzzy, but I thought it was cute of Dan, Ashley and I. He wants to be such a good uncle to her and was very worried about keeping her happy and comfortable
We decided not to pack the stroller since it took us so much space. This is the stroller my parents have at their house and it worked perfect. As you can see she is quite happy in it
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Look at how big she is. I can't wait to see her in March for Easter. Grandma Hey looks so happy holding her granddaughter. We miss and love you guys so much.
Em,
I am soooo sorry we could not get together. I am glad that we didn't though. My cold turned out to be pretty nasty, Kevin ended up with it and now I think Jo has come down with it. :( One of these days though! Miss you tons!
It was a fun weekend! I laid low while the gram group did their thing but then Grampa L moved in on Monday. Em, I enjoyed our lunch date and spending some one-on-one daughter/Dad time with you; especially since we kept to tradition finding a new place to eat.
Ashley fussed a bit on Monday night when her Mom left her with me and it reminded me when Emily did the same thing when Jen would leave her with me to watch her at about the same age. It was fun to see that ol' Grampa L hasn't lost his touch with the little lady's as Ashley settled down nicely and fell asleep in my arms.
You're a trooper Emily for making that trip with your little co-pilot and faithful watchdog Brody. In that 4 wheel drive 4-Runner who knows where you'll go next!
Thanks for the effort that you and Steph (nice picture by the way!) made to come down, and we'll look foward to seeing you all again in a few weeks.
Love Grampa L
Post a Comment