Monday, March 31, 2008

Mom's Birthday Weekend

It was a busy one, but a lot of fun. I don't have any pictures of the weekend, just memories. Saturday was the big day, I turned 28! It started off by sleeping in! Brian woke up early to take care of Ashley and had Belgian waffles for me for breakfast. In the afternoon I went to my friend Laura's wedding shower down in Tacoma. I hadn't seen Laura in a long time, so it was great to catch up with her and see how the wedding planning was going. From the shower I went over to Danielle and Hani's for dinner. Danielle's birthday was Sunday, so we try and celebrate every year together. Brian and Hani cooked a delicious pistachio crusted halibut, potatoes, and a fancy side of asparagus. I'm not describing it very well, but it was gourmet and oh so yummy. After dinner we went home so I could feed Ashley and put her down at our neighbor's house. She had been with a sitter from 3-7 and I had about 20 minutes to fed her and get her set up at our neighbor's house so I could get ready to go out. I felt so bad since I hadn't seen her all day and I really missed her. It was good for her to have someone else watch her for a little while, though, and she did great. That night we went to the Pampas Room downtown for drinks and dessert. They had a Jazz quartet playing and we even got up to dance. It was great to get dressed up and go out with our friends... it's been a while. Sunday my PEPS group decided it was time to meet the Dads, so we all got together for brunch. We had so much fun meeting everyone and the Dads got a taste of what our meetings were like by going around introducing themselves and telling their favorite memory with their child and what they looked forward to doing with them in the future. So, we got to learn a little something about them too.

No comments: