Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Meet Max


Yes, every member of our family must be introduced including our 4 Runner "Max". "May" (Brian's '63 corvette) will be introduced this summer when we take it for a cruise around Alki. The reason Max gets introduced is because he started acting up on the way home from Portland the other weekend. We took him in for a diagnostic and found out the front left bearings and hub needed to be replaced. Those of you who know about cars knows that this is not a cheap repair. Brian loves working on cars, so he decided to come home from work last Friday and fix it himself. He took everything apart to figure out what parts he needed to order and was out in our driveway until about 10:30 that night. I didn't know how he was going to find the time to do it with finals coming up and everything else going on, so I was a little stressed out for him. Him, he was fine. He loves all this stuff. Well, he ended up not getting to work on the car because he came to the realization in the middle of the night that he bought an extended warranty that might cover the repair. I called Toyota and made an appointment, sure enough everything is covered. What a relief.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeez! Do you two have four leaf clovers stuffed up somewhere! If that's me Brian, I'm out in the rain at 2:30 AM busting my knuckles because I don't have the right tools, snapping off a bolt, breaking something expensive and running up twice the repair bill!
Here YOU are having a good old time (probably whistling while you're working)taking apart your wheel and thinking "oh, I almost forgot; I was very smart to pay for an extended warranty that covers this repair".

They say that "luck" happens when preparation meets opportunity, and Brian & Emily; you both do a great job of being prepared.

Grandpa L