Saturday, July 4, 2009

Father's Day

Ashley's Father's Day gift to Papa that she made in school.

Sad to say, but this is the first Father's Day Ashley's spent with Papa since she was born. Last year Ashley and I went to Portland because Papa was studying for finals, we did celebrate early but it's just not the same. This year was special because Grandma and Grandpa Timm were in Seattle and Grandpa got out of the hospital just in time to celebrate Father's Day with us! Ashley made Papa two tiles with her hand print and footprint at school. Mom made Papa's favorite carrot cake (I've never baked a cake, but it actually turned out really well. Earlier that day we went down to Golden Garden's to feed the ducks and play on the beach, then had Grandma and Grandpa Timm over for dinner. I'm pretty sure Papa enjoyed the day much better than last year!



Brian showing Ashley how to skip rocks into the water.



2 comments:

Aunt Becki said...

What a wonderful day to celebrate with Grandparents and Papa. Em you'll have to make your carrot cake for me. I would love to try it. These pictures are priceless.

Grammy said...

Yes, I remember last Father's Day. Good for us but not so good for papa not being with his little angel on such a special day. Happy to hear this years was such a success.