Monday, November 19, 2007

2 Weeks!!

Ashley turned 2 weeks today. We had another Dr's visit and she's up to 8lbs 2 oz! Our doctor said most babies are just getting back up to their birth weight at this time which would be 6lb 10oz for Ashley. There's obviously no problems with feeding this child. Brian guessed that she was already up to 8lbs and I thought 7lb 6oz, he won by a long shot. Little Ashley has been quite the trooper lately going on all sorts of outings with Mom and Dad and now Grammy (my mom). It's getting a little easier to get out of the house and plan things around her feedings and I'm getting more brave with changing her and feeding her places other than our home. It's been great because I haven't felt cooped up in the house, but there are those days where we've done too much and we know when it's time to go home and relax. Ashley makes sure we know when she's had enough and that's about the only time she gets fussy. My mom flew into Seattle Friday night and will be staying with us until Thursday where my Dad will join up with her and they'll move to a hotel with my brother. She's helped out a ton and it's been fun just to relax and share these new days of parenting with her. I am so grateful she's here to help out with Thanksgiving too. We're having a party of 9 at our house for dinner; my parents and brother, Brian's parents and sister and brother in law, and uncle Ed. It will be great to have everyone here to celebrate Thanksgiving together. So, here's a few pictures I've taken over the last week.
Saturday I took Ashley to a card camp where we made Christmas cards. We were out almost all day and Ashley did fantastic. It was nice because we were at a lady's house, so I was able to feed here and change her easily and she just slept the whole time while we made our cards. Of course she was held a ton and the lady who put on the card camp just ate her up. She has all nephews and was so excited to have a little girl in her arms. My mom had never been to one of these card making deals so she had a ton of fun too. It was a great girls day.
Mom and Ashley with one of the cards we made. I had to get her started early, after all her initials are A.R.T
Another cute picture of Brody and Ashley. He does so well with her, we're really pleased at how he's handled the transition from being the only baby in the house
Ashley's cord fell off on Thursday so here she is in her bath. She doesn't mind it too much, but has had to get a second soak when she pees in her towel as I'm trying to get her dry. I don't think there is a way to prevent this, but next time I will have two towels close by if I attempt this on my own. Luckily both Brian and my mom were there to fetch a new towel and help get her diaper on. Since her cord has fallen off we've also switched to cloth diapers and absolutely love them. I can't believe how many diapers she goes through and I hated throwing them away. We have a service that picks up the diapers every Monday and the diaper wraps they have to go over the cloth makes it so easy to use. They look like actual diapers and fasten the same way. Marvelous invention, my mom has shared stories of how she used to have to use pins and we would get poked all the time because we squirmed so much. So glad they came up with something easier. Plus the cost of cloth diapers is the same as the store bought ones and they're supposed to potty train a lot faster. She already has made a lot more fuss when she has a dirty diaper. I could never tell when she was wet because the disposables were so absorbent.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

How sweet is she! I bet it is nice to have a little help with your mom there. Tell her hi for me.

You look beautiful too, as always!