Tuesday, November 13, 2007

First Week


This was a hat that my girlfriend Joana made for her. I had her in pink all week and decided to have a purple day.

This is Ashley and her pediatrician Dr. Filipo. She barely made a fuss as he poked around at her, she's a pretty content little baby
Brian is such a sweetheart and proud pappa. This is the morning after we brought her home. I didn't sleep at all that night, so the next morning Brian took Ashley downstairs so I could sleep for a couple of hours. I came downstairs to find him in the kitchen baking cookies. Not only had he done that, he took the trash out, started laundry, figured out the sling and carried her in it and did the dishes. What a man! I couldn't do it with out you!
Brody loves his new little sister!
This is a hat one of Brian's classmates gave her. We call it her Thing 1 picture
The proud grandparents
This was taken at the Ballard Locks. It was a cold day so mom was a little worried, but we got her all bundled up and she did great.
Ashley's first week has been a busy one. We got home from the hospital Tuesday night around 6pm. We didn't sleep very well at the hospital and were just ready to leave. We got cleared from the pediatrician that she was doing great and was ready to go any time we were. Tuesday night we had friends and neighbors over to meet her. It was so cute. Brian knocked on all our neighbors doors to tell them we were home, he was so excited to show her off. Wednesday Brian's parents came in from Pendleton and stayed until Monday. It was great to have them here and Ashley got lots of holding time, I don't think she was put down the entire week, they couldn't get enough of her. We her first doctors visit on Thursday and she had already gained 6oz. The nurse thought the scale was broken because it not typical for them to gain weight, they usually lose 10%of their birth weight. I was extremely happy to hear that because when we got home from the hospital she wouldn't feed. We had to supplement twice to be on the safe side to make sure she wasn't dehydrated. Well, turns out she was doing just fine. She just had to adjust to being home. Friday night my parents came into town and stayed with us until Sunday. We took her lots of places that weekend. Saturday we went to the Ballard locks and out to lunch at a fish a chips place. That was my first time trying to feed in public and we all got quite the laugh. One of my friends bought me a "hooter hider" which is an apron to cover up while feeding. Well, I was in a booth and things kept falling on the ground, we finally got the hang of it only to find out that she was fussy because of a poopy diaper. We still have much to learn! That night my parents took us to Olive Garden for dinner and she slept the whole time. We want to get her out as much as we can while she young to get her used to it because we plan on taking her wherever we go. Tuesday was my first day on my own with her. Brian has been able to take some time off class, he had to go a few half days last week to make up some test that he missed, but it's been so nice having him home. Although I was a little curious at how the day was going to go, I was happy to find out that we did just fine. I had an appt to get ready for at 9:30 and I got her and myself all ready to go in time and the rest of the day was just for her and I. She loves her swing and her binky, which is fantastic because I can get things done around the house. She has been nothing but an angel and I've enjoyed her so much. She's already changing, her eye brows are darker, her cries a lot stronger! and she has all her eye lashes. Can you tell I'm a proud mamma!

1 comment:

siddoway said...

She is so pretty! I was glad to hear that you have the hooter hider. I ordered one for when we flew up to oregon when Paige was 3 months. It was a life saver. You can nurse anywhere with that thing. I am so happy to hear that everyone is doing well. Take care and keep posting, we love the updates!