Sunday, November 25, 2007
Happy Thanksgiving
We have so much to be thankful for this year; wonderful friends and family, our health, the safe delivery of Ashley, and an amazing marriage between Brian and I. We hope everyone had a happy thanksgiving. Ours was filled with a ton of food, great conversation, and family. Brian's sister Becki and her husband Dallas drove up from Coos Bay, Oregon. My parents and brother came up from Portland, Brian's mom was here from Pendleton, uncle Ed and our neighbor Trent were all here for Thanksgiving dinner. Steph brought pumpkin, pecan, and apple pie and two smoked turkey's from Pendleton. I don't think we'll have another Thanksgiving dinner without them, they were soooo good. My mom spend Wednesday night preparing all the sides. She got recipes from Paula Dean and oh my they were delicious. Ed brought the traditional making for snowballs, vodka, 7-up and whipping cream. We provided the ham and wine and ended up with all the leftovers to last us all week, my favorite part about hosting a holiday.
This is an outfit that one of Brian's classmates gave Ashley to wear for her first Thanksgiving. Her son passed away expectantly when he was a baby and he wore this for his first Thanksgiving. It means a lot that she was able to wear it and we took a picture to give to her, it fit perfectly.
Ashley and Uncle Dan
Ashley and Aunt Becki.

My mom decorated the table with little pumpkins wrapped in ribbon. I thought it turned out so cute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
What a beautiful family. I am so very happy for you. Leave it to your little momma to be creative again with the dining room table. She is remarkable.
God Bless you and your family!
I have a surprise coming for you in the mail.
Love ya,
Debbie West
Thanks for the wonderful time and visiting. I can imagine you love hosting. I love it, too. It was so nice seeing you guys and meeting that sweet angel of yours. I miss you guys already and can't wait for Christmas. We love you guys.
Post a Comment